Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Lululemon Rocks!

So today my two daughters were coming back from camp after 12 days.  My husband works in the city they were being dropped off, but I wanted to be there to welcome them back too.  So my son and I drove out, had lunch with the hubby and then had about an hour to spare.  I'd been drooling over one of the tops at Lululemon but wanted to try it on before buying it.  So we headed over there to browse.

Of course I couldn't stop at just looking at the top.  I love their stuff!  Being that I now consider myself a "runner" I felt compelled to look at all of their runner wear.  I tried on a couple of styles of shorts, the run speed short and the willpower short.  I also had the top I wanted, the short sleeved willpower and a badly needed sports bra (loved the name Ta-Ta Tamer).  The salesgirl was totally helpful, offered opinions and grabbed sizes for me.  Then while I was still in the dressing room she gave me a shocker.  She said that even though I'd chosen the run speed shorts, she was going to give me the willpower shorts for FREE!  I said, "What?"  She said she'd like to give them to me to promote.  I think I still had a look of shock on my face so she further explained that they'd like me to run in them.  And then give feedback to them as to what I like and don't like.  I said if they were going to give them to me for free I'd wear a sign on my back promoting them!  It was so awesome.  Things like that NEVER happen to me!  And I don't even feel bad that when I looked at them online after getting home, they said they were for people with larger, more athletic legs.  Still don't care!  When I got home and tried everything on again, I actually like those better because they are a little longer.  We'll see when I go on a run.  But woo hoo, what a way to start the holiday weekend!!


Cute little zippered pocket in the back and two little slots in the front for gel packs.  Great shorts!   What unexpected freebies have come into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment