Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Shunning

I'm reading a book called The Shunning right now.  It's a book I probably wouldn't have picked up on my own, but a friend put it out there for her book club and I decided to give it a read.  It's about the Amish community, and so far I'm really enjoying it.  I've always been fascinated by the Amish, in fact I always tell my kids I'm going to become a Pilgrim.  It's our little joke, my way of telling them that I need to slow down.  I love the way they live their lives.  It's simple, yet the sense of community is so strong.  The women work together, they socialize and they value hard work.  As I've been adding more and more to my schedule, this book has been a good reminder of the things that are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment