Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Waiting for Superman

Just finished watching this amazing show.  It's from the same people that did An Inconvenient Truth and came across the same way.  It's about the state of education in our country, and what a mess it is now and has been for decades.  Unfortunately it's unlikely to change anytime soon.  The sad thing is that we had our kids in private school for many years before transferring them into the public school system so we've seen the differences.  There are some that are good and some that are bad.  Overall I think the schools in this area are doing an okay job with the parameters they have to do it in.  But does that mean I think they're great?  No, but then again I don't think the private school was great either and we were paying a lot of money for pretty good.  I like the ideas of some of the individuals in this film and will do everything I can to support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment