Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When opportunity knocks

I have to give a big shout out to my wonderful hubby that works so hard to provide for us.  His hard work gave me the opportunity to be generous today in a small way.  I was getting my lunch in downtown Claremont and the girl behind me had ordered a $2 meal with an ice water.  She'd asked how much a cookie was and was told it was a little over $1.  She said never mind and was given the total for her lunch.  She was clearly a college student and was scraping together change to come up with her $2 for her lunch.  I handed her a dollar (since this was all the cash I had!) and told her she should get the cookie.  Her face lit up and she thanked me.  I just hope when my kids are college bound someone will take pity on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment