Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Diet

Well I started to seriously diet and run outdoors about 9 weeks ago.  I've lost 14 pounds!  I still would like to lose about 10 more, but would be satisfied with 6.  How did I do it?  Well I knew I was eating too much food, but felt like I was eating fairly healthy so I was kind of at a loss.  So I decided to order delivered meals. I joined ediets 5 day a week meal delivery.  Once a week meals are delivered to your door in an ice box.  You refrigerate them and eat them over the next week.  There was 3 meals a day plus one snack.  You were to eat 2-3 servings of fruit as well.  I have to say the food was better than it looked.  I wanted to cry the first day I received my meals.  They were so small and didn't look that appealing.  The thing that I found the most funny was that these were meals I'd never normally eat because I didn't think they were healthy.  But they keep the calories around 1300 per day, so I guess if people feel like they still have some comfort foods they'll be more apt to stick to it.  I just received my last delivery today.  I'm going to try to continue to lose on my own.  I have already shown myself that I can get through the weekends eating out without gaining anything.  So now I just have to figure out how to lose during the week on my own.  I think I can do it, but we'll see.  If not, I can always begin ordering food again until I get to my goal.  But at this point I can use a break anyway.  I don't like eating food I know isn't really healthy and I felt like I wasn't eating nearly enough vegetables.

The running is going well too.  I'm up to 5 miles this week.  My times have been getting better.  I'm able to maintain a 10 minute mile the whole 5 miles.  Next week I'll be up to 6 miles.  I still need to work in more stretching time and yoga and probably by next week it will become more important.  I'm looking for a free weekend to do a 5k with Bill and Nikki.  So far I haven't been able to find a free weekend, but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment