Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bring your parent to school day...not

Ali had been telling me that today was going to be "bring your parent to jr. high day" all week.  She wasn't quite sure how she felt about me coming to school.  She didn't want to be the only kid there with a parent.  But when she mentioned it last night, both Stephen and Nikki told her that she should let me go.  They said all of the kids love when a mom they know shows up.  So this morning, I told her I'd come around 9:00 and stay for a class or two.  She was happy with that.

I was hoping to get to see English since they were doing live Public Service Announcements to work on their persuasive writing skills.  As I turned onto the street the school is on, I see a group of kids in their PE clothes out on their power walking unit.  A few waved, I waved back.  Then I spot Ali and think, "oh dang! I have my new Ugg boots on and don't really want to walk on the dirt trail in them".  Oh well, that's what I'm here for.  So I park and RUN to catch them.  I caught them at the corner when they'd stopped for a light.  Ali and her friend Paige came up and gave me a hug while cracking up.  In between laughs, they proceeded to tell me that Bring your parent to school day is actually next Wednesday and that I should leave.

I know I could've continued on the walk with them, but again the Ugg boots came to mind.  So I gave them a hug goodbye and walked back to my car.  Guess I'll try again next Wednesday!  Kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment