Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Driver

Yep today was the day, Nikki's half birthday.  You know what that means?  She is 15.5 and eligible for her driver's permit.  With her, we decided to let her take the online course rather than going to take the course somewhere.  She watched lots of video, read lots and took lots of quizzes.  She thought she was ready, but then the day before panicked and started studying all of her brothers past quizzes as well.  She wasn't doing so well on his past tests and basically talked herself into thinking she was going to fail.  Her appointment was at 8:00 this morning, so it didn't give her any time to back out or stress out.  We dropped her sister off at school and headed straight to the DMV.

We were served promptly, turned in our paperwork, paid our fees and she was ready.  She gave her fingerprint, signed her name and was ready for the vision test.  Then she remembered that she'd forgotten her glasses at home.  Thankfully her vision isn't that bad, and she was able to pass.  Whew! Next it was on to the test.

It took forever!  I was in the waiting area on pins and needles.  Finally I saw her in the corrections line. When I headed over there, the security guard promptly told me I had to stay in the waiting area.  When it was done, she said she'd only missed 4!  You are allowed to miss 8 and still pass so I'd say she passed with flying colors!

Now who's going to be the one to drive with her?! Okay I will.  I've been letting her do laps around our house and I think she's going to be a great driver!  I can't believe we have two teenaged drivers in our house.  So exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment