Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I've been having such a tough time getting Stephen to eat any breakfast.  Last year, as a Freshman he fought me but ate.  This year he has dug in his heels and refused to eat in the mornings.  I've tried explaining to him the myriad of reasons that he should eat something.  I'd baked these blueberry muffins knowing that he likes them but he never even tasted them.  I'd put half in the freezer fearing they wouldn't all get eaten.  Then as a way to get rid of some of them, I took them as a snack for the boys I was transporting to a swim meet.  Of course none of the boys wanted one!  I felt like a drug pusher telling them, "Come on they're great and I made them!"  Finally one brave boy said he'd eat one and then of course said, "Wow these are really good, can I have another?"  That was all it took, the remaining 3 were eaten, one by my son!  After that, he's grabbed one every day on the way out the door.  Yes!!  Success!!  It's not the big, balanced breakfast I think he needs but it's a start.  I'm guessing he'll get sick of them soon, but hopefully then he'll be willing to try something else.  Give them a try, they're great!


http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2011/03/12/buttermilk-blueberry-muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment