Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Half Marathon?!!

Okay I've finally done it.  I registered Nikki and myself for the Strip at Night half marathon in Las Vegas.  It isn't until December 4th.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it's something.  Now I've really got to log more miles on the street.  I've been doing really good with treadmill miles.  I've done 10 miles every Sunday for the past 3 weeks and about 13-16 during the week.  But the street is so much harder for me with the uphill.  Today I did 3.6 miles.  I ran 1.5 miles down to the junior high where I had to do some work in the copy room.  Then I went the long way home for an additional 2.1 miles.  It was tough coming back up the hill, but I made it with a 10:15 average on the way up and 9:00 on the way down.  Tomorrow is The Loop.  Then Sunday I'm going to get Nikki out for a long run.  We'll see how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment