Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sing Me Home

I just finished Jodi Picoult's new book, Sing Me Home.   It ended up being better than I thought it was in the beginning.  Let me just start by saying that Picoult is my absolute favorite author.  I have read all of her books and only Tenth Circle was disappointing.  The rest were all fabulous.  So when I saw that this one was coming on 3/1, I pre-ordered it!  I was so excited to be getting a new book since the ones I'd been reading have been pretty drab.  I was in the middle of Freakonomics, and was looking forward to a great read.  Getting back to the book at hand, I'd say on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.  It came with a CD that you played at certain points throughout the book.  And while I did enjoy the songs, I thought it was a little weird.  I also didn't really like the two main characters, Zoe and Vanessa.  I liked Vanessa better than Zoe, but I felt they both were lacking something.  I thought Zoe's profession was the most interesting thing about her.  And along those lines, I really liked Lucy and I hated not having a better ending for her.  I also didn't like the ending.  Maybe I can get how she ended up with the embryos but I didn't get Libby.  It was all a little over the top for me.  But no I won't give up on Picoult.

No comments:

Post a Comment